Chianti Classico DOCG

Nunzi Conti

New

Red, Soft, Medium-bodied, 2013; Region: Tuscany.

More details

12 Items

Chianti Classico DOCG Nunzi Conti

               

S$ 49.00

Grape Varietal : 80% Sangiovese, 20% Canaiolo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot

Red, Soft, Medium-bodied, 2013; Region: Tuscany.

Alcohol Content: 13.5 %
Aging: 50% in barrels for 8 months
Bottle Aging: 3 Months
Soil Type: Sandstone (Alberese) and bluish-gray chalky marlstone (Galestro)
Serving Temp: 16° - 18° C

Tasting Notes

              Chianti’s viticultural practice dated back as far as the 13th century when vineyards were flourishing around the city of Florence, in the region of Tuscany. Over the centuries, this wine producing region has expanded and divided into seven sub-areas, with Chianti Classico being the largest and includes the heart of Chianti. The most planted grape variety in Chianti is still the signature native red of Italy, the Sangiovese. Hence it is no surprise that for the Chianti reds, Sangiovese is the major blending grape with minimum 75%, and other approved grape varieties for the remaining 25% including both native and international varieties such as Cabernet Sauvigon, Merlot and Syrah.


               The Nunzi family wine business was started by Gualtiero Nunzi in the late 1800s when he purchased the family’s first vineyard in the heart of Chianti region. Over the decades, the family successfully expanding their land and diversifying into several businesses. Since beginning, their wines have always been estate produced, on a property area of 80 ha, 27 ha of which are dedicated to planting of vines. Huge investments has also been made to modernize their viticultural practices and wine making equipment, a testimony to their passion and dedication of producing wines of highest quality. The son of Nunzi, Armando would go on to bring the winery to the next level of success and even became the president of Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico, a union of Chianti producers that promotes the wines of Chianti Classico, improving quality, regulate the wine production practices and preventing wine fraud.


               Chianti Classico wines are usually viewed as premium Chianti. Hence no different for Nunzi Chianti Classico DOCG, which is seen as a quality red that possesses medium-bodied tannins with bright acidity. Very perfumy on the nose that carries notes of cherries, lively red fruits, nuts and cinnamons. Soft and silky yet firm tannins with solid structure, provides the wine with a flavourful and lasting finishing.
              
              
FOOD PAIRING:


For international food - recommended pairing with grilled chicken, pastas, hamburgers, lamb racks.


For local delights - recommended pairing with fried Hokkien seafood noodles, chicken rice.